About Company B
To join Company B contact Malgorzata Nowacka at email@example.com.
Next audition is on September 11, 2017, however dancers with special goals can join throughout the year.
You Will Need:
- Commitment. You deserve the best, so we need an equal commitment from you. It is possible to navigate multiple work schedules, school shows, injuries and travel, and still be a strong part of the Company B experience and participate in performing.
- Clear goals as to what you would like to gain from being part of Company B.
- Clear communication, or being open to learning how to communicate clearly and quickly with your team.
- Strong contemporary dance teqnique or a strong desire to learn. Dancers traditionally come from post-secondary dance training institutions, however we also had martial artists-turned-dancers, First Nations dancers and ballet dancers join.
Company B is a one of a kind free mentorship program for exceptional dancers created in partnership with George Brown Dance. The company is a bridging program, intended to give a select group of artists 18 years old and up tools, challenges and support to continue their emergence as a professional.
The average age is between 19 – 25, with few exceptions. Company B members join the company anywhere from 1 to 5 years.
Dancers have access to a supportive network structure of artists and receive one on one professional and peer mentorship.
Each year Company B members do the following:
- Perform throughout Toronto in venues ranging from tiny to large theatres;
- Go on tour;
- Take part in a creation processes with Malgorzata Nowacka;
- Have free access to Good Morning Collective classes throughout the year;
- Take part in creation processes with guest artists, most recently Hiroto Saito and Emily Law;
- Benefit from specialized coaching workshops with Brendan Wyatt, Taylor Gill, and Jefferey Baker.
- Have access to one-on-one weight training;
- Celebrate together twice a year;
- Participate in rehearsals each Monday and Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 pm at George Brown College, Casa Loma Campus, Toronto.
Curious about who our grads are? Visit Past Collaborators and Artists
Company B is made possible through the generous support of the Toronto Arts Council, George Brown Dance, and Dolphin Gaming.